Sunday, May 13, 2007

No Time For Profundity Tonight

Just a belated Happy Mother's Day to those people reading this blog (what, all 2 of them?) who are mothers. If you know someone who is a New Wave mother, please dedicate any of the following fabulous female-centric New Wave/'80s alternative tracks on your friendly neighborhood online NW radio station to her (hint hint):

Altered Images, "Don't Talk To Me About Love"
Annabel Lamb, "Heartland"
B52's, "Song For A Future Generation"
Bananarama, "Robert De Niro's Waiting"
Berlin, "Sex (I'm A)"
Bette Bright, "All Girls Lie"
Blondie, "Atomic"
Eurogliders, "Heaven"
Eurythmics, "Who's That Girl?"
Hilary, "I Live"
Kate Bush, "Suspended In Gaffa"
Kissing The Pink, "Watching Their Eyes"
Lene Lovich, "Telepathy"
Martha & The Muffins, "Paint By Number Heart"
The Motels, "Only The Lonely"
November Group, "Persistent Memories"
The Pretenders, "Middle Of The Road"
Propaganda, "The Murder Of Love"
Romeo Void, "Never Say Never"
Suzanne Vega, "Left Of Center"
'til tuesday, "Love In A Vacuum"
Toyah, "Thunder In The Mountains"

Any other suggestions to put onto this list? I'll be formulating the ones I think would fit best onto another one of those playlists, which I will put up as soon as possible (after the requisite feedback, of course). (Or maybe not. Maybe I won't get feedback. In which case, hey, I'll just make one anyway.)

No comments: